Multi language content suport?

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM
What is the plan for multi language content support?
This is the problem in many frameworks.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM
We have basic support for this via our StringResourceProvider system, the admin for which is accessible via System > Resources in the admin.

They can be used in Views directly via the Resource method (see here)

As well as that, MrCMS overrides the default DataAnnotationsModelMetadataProvider to create and allow admin of the inbuilt property names of objects used in helpers (typically Html.LabelFor(x=>x.PropertyName)). This is wired up by default, and creates the records to be updated in admin on the first view. The implementation of this is here if you're curious, although it basically does what I just described.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Gary
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Just to add to what Gary said - there is no multilingual support for a single site at the moment. We do as Gary says have the ability to have sites in any language you want via the string resource provider. However if you are looking for /en/my-page and /fr/my-page behaviour this is yet to be integrated although is on the roadmap.

For now, you can use the multisite functionality to achieve multi-language. I.E www.mydomain.com and www.mydomain.fr and set the languages up against the sites.
Feb 19, 2015 at 8:01 AM
Hello,
do you have any update regarding this feature?
Is it ready to be used in our sites and how?
Is there any documentation about it?

thank you very much,
Andrea