MrCMS Architecture/Code Help Document

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Hi Guys,
       You have made great CMS, but i am facing some issues in understanding architecture and  some code part. can you please provide some documentation which can help me in understanding architecture and code of MrCMS.
thanks
Rajesh Kumar Rolen
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Edited Jan 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Hello Rajesh,

Apologies on the lack of documentation, it is something we are aware of. We have a road map this year to get Mr CMS to a 1.0 release. At the same time as releasing 1.0 we will also finish www.mrcms.com, where developer and user documentation will be provided.

Unfortunately, as we are concentrating on putting together the building blocks of Mr CMS, we don't have time to do the documentation until this release and there are going to be some fairly substantial changes which would mean rewriting the documentation.

In the mean time, please post any questions you have here and I will do my best to answer them. If you can, please provide full code examples.

Regards,
Will
Jan 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Hi Will,
    Thanks for you reply, i have one more thing to discuss.
From last few months, i am actively looking for contributing in any opensource project, and i found this project very interesting.

I have 10 years of experience in asp.net and from last 4 years i am working on asp.net mvc.

Is there any way i can contribute to this project?

I write blog (www.DotNetAcademy.blogspot.com) and i am active on stackoverflow also (http://stackoverflow.com/users/201387/rajesh-rolen-dotnet-developer )

Thanks
Rajesh Kumar Rolen
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Hi Rajesh,

We are always looking for talented coders to join the team. What we advise is for developers to create a fork and the do a pull request with new changes.

After a while if we feel it suited we could give you access as a developer.

Regards,
Will