Today we are proud to release version 0.2.1 which has many fixes over the 0.2.0 release as well as a few feature enhancements.
We have had great feedback for Mr CMS from clients and development on Mr CMS is in full swing. Over the coming months we plan to have a much quicker release cycle so bugs are squashed quicker and features are pushed out faster.
We know documentation is lacking, and this is something we will be working hard on from version 0.4 once change has settled. Features in 0.3 will largely focus on usability and upgradeability. Here is the release information for upcoming Mr CMS releases:
- 0.3 - Themes (allowing for simpler view management complimenting app development)
- 0.3.1 - Media selector overhaul for better media management
- 0.3.2 - Access level control for admin area
- 0.3.3 - Move the page meta data in to the database for easier management
- 0.3.4 - SEO enhancements and UI changes for installation
The above list may change, but we hope items will be done in that order.
On a side note we are looking for developers to join our efforts. If you have the skills and would like to contribute get in touch.
Mr CMS team.
Mr CMS is an all new Content Management System built using ASP.NET MVC.
There are many open source CMS's out there, many are mature and have huge user base so it begs the question, why bother building a new one? There are several reasons:
- The ASP.NET namespace of open source CMS's is small- more choice is never a bad thing and we couldn't find a CMS which tick all the boxes for us
- Flexibility - We wanted a content management system which would easily integrate with bespoke features such as eCommerce, CRM and so forth. Mr CMS has been built in a fashion that does not alienate a single area of web development.
- Simplicity of development - We have made Mr CMS extremely simple to develop against, a fully featured website can be built in no time at all, with little or no database management required.
- Database design - we were fed up of key-pair values and massive joins to query data in other CMS's. Mr CMS addresses this issue.
- Ease of use for clients - we have approached the creation of the Mr CMS with the client in mind. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how great your CMS is if its difficult to use and explain.
We have drawn inspiration from some of the great CMS systems that we have used including N2CMS and Wordpress.
Whilst Mr CMS is in it's infancy, we are working hard to increase features and functionality dramatically over the coming months.